|Important update from the 19th written procedure|
Please find below information on some of the issues approved by the Joint Monitoring Committee of the Programme with the closure of the 19th written procedure on the 27th of June 2013:
- The eligibility of expenditures for bank charges to be extended for up to six (6) months after the contractual end date of the projects under all published Calls for proposals.
- The eligibility of expenditures for external audits and other exceptional expenditures to be extended for up to three (3) months after the contractual end date of the projects under all Calls for proposals. This shall be applied to projects and partners with already foreseen external audits in their application form and budget and for unforeseen impediments in payments, due to administrative delays of third parties.
- The approved extension of the subsidy contracts for three (3) months after the contractual end date of the projects by the 15th written procedure (22/7/2012), in order to conclude their pending financial issues (social security contributions, taxes, payments to the contractors, etc) for expenditures of which the relevant documents have already been issued in line with article 2 par. 1 of the present subsidy contracts is extended an additional 3 months, in cases where cash flow impediments are present, due to administrative delays of third parties. This extension will be granted only after LP request and without any subsidy contract modification.
- An additional three (3) month extension of the already approved six (6) months, for the submission of the Final Report, is granted to exceptional cases, where the issuance of the certificates has been delayed by the First Level Control Units of both countries. In these cases, the eligibility of expenditures for bank charges to be extended for up to nine (9) months after the contractual end date of the projects under the 1st Call for proposals.
- After the issuance of all certificates there still may occur deviations from the budget tables of the Application form in force (i.e. deviation from deliverable’s budget or deviation from the “budget line” budget, etc). The beneficiary must justify these deviations in the Final Report before acceptance by the JTS/MA. After approval, the Final report will comprise the final modification of the project. If not, the amounts exceeding the approved budget tables of the Application form in force will be deemed ineligible and a procedure to correct the certificates should be initiated.
Please note that for the use of all extensions the Lead Partner should submit a request via email to the JTS justifying the need to be granted and the JTS examines the requests in order to give its consent.